Friday, May 11, 2007

In the beginning...

I said I would renovate this blog when I had a use for it... I don't have time to really start it now, but I want to just mark my place & foreshadow my intentions.

I found this list of 1001 books I must read before I die on Listology.

I want to do it! I have read a number of books on the list, and heard of others, but I want to work my way through it. At current rates of reading (given all the other claims on my time) even if I manage 1 book a month this will take me 83 years ;P But I won't always be studying, and I won't always have a toddler, so hopefully my rate of progress will pick up to my normal speed and I will actually finish the list one day!

I have started somewhere near the middle, with James Joyce's Ulysses (No. 723), and I will use this site to post reviews as I finish each book...

In the meantime, this post is really just to give me somewhere to post a title graphic, so I can feel like I have 'started'...



I will add the rest of the list to the sidebar as I get time... which won't be now as Wombat has just woken up...

1 comment:

Steff said...

Is that similar to that list where we had to say what we had read and what we wouldnt read